Saturday, May 14, 2022

Tater Tot Casserole with Leftover Hamburger Helper

This is a great money saving recipes. You make Hamburger Helper the night before, and you use the leftovers to make a tater tot casserole. Casseroles aren't eveyone's favotire, but I love them. My kids and husband, not as much, but as a mom I figure we can have what I would like.
Line the bottom of the pan with tater tots. I use a 9 x 7, but it depends on the amount of your leftovers.
I then put the Hamburger Helper on top. Notice the added peas and tomato, the peas were leftovers and I used a tomato that was becoming soft, using it instead of wasting it.
I then sprinkle cheese on top. It does make it better.
I then bake it in the over for 1 hour at 350°. The tater tots aren't crispy, but this isn't a problem for me. You can try cooking them before it you prefer, but to each their own. I can tell it's done when the sides and cheese are golden brown.
You're either a casserole lover or you're not. This is an easy to cook meal that takes me back to my childhood.

No comments: