Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Saving Money and the Joy of Leftovers

I grew up in a rural environment, my husand grew up in the suburbs. We differ on a few things, including leftovers. He doesn't like them and doesn't eat them, and won't re-use them for lunch. I however, love leftovers. My mom always cooked way too much, and my dad had a healthy appetite. He would come home during lunch from work and eat them. If there was enough, we would have it again for dinner. Some foods, such as chili or spagetti, taste better the second time around.
I cooked some chicken thighs last night, and we ate them for dinner with a couple of sides. I cooked too much chicken, and today I'll warm up and shred the leftovers. We will have taco night. This can work with any type of meat, or beans, rice, etc. if you are a vegetarian. Making extra and re-using leftovers is always a good idea.

No comments: