Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Vintage Appliances

My first apartment had a vintage refrigerator in it, of course I was young and it worked fine for me. Who cares if items left in the freezer turned into ice balls, or that I had to defrost it every once in awhile? Honestly, I didn't defrost it that much, hence the ice balls. I do remember standing there with a blow dryer, the whole freezer was becoming a block of ice.

I love the look of vintage appliances, but they aren't always practical. Besides the ice block above they are also big energy wasters, made in a time when "save the earth" wasn't too high on the list. I came across some great vintage looking appliances on the inter net, thanks to Stumble Upon. They are called Big Chill Fridge, and I love the look of their appliances. Stoves, fridges, ovens, they do it all. You can choose from a variety of colors and sizes, and they are new. Vintage looks with modern conveniences, you know this vintage woman is a fan.


5 comments:

Smashed pennies said...

Love this!!! I have lived vintage for 30 years now. First because I was a poor college graduate and now by choice. HOWEVER ... Appliances, electronics and clothing are items I buy new for just the reasons you state plus it creeps me out to wear someones old clothing.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh - these are so awesome! If I could live without my on the door ice maker - I would be all over these!

fabriquefantastique said...

Great link, but, OMG the prices!

Additionsstyle said...

I'm with you I love the look of those vintage appliancs, and the colors. I am glad you can find them now and that they are energy efficent. Thanks for the link.

Hanna said...

HI there! I am your newest follower from the Friday blog hop! Lovely Blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com